NESLI introduces new teachers' leadership development program
A new program that supports the development of early career teachers and emerging leaders has been launched.
Developed by the National Excellence in Schools Leadership Institute (NESLI), the four-month part-time integrated course addresses the leadership and interpersonal challenges associated with teachers in K-12 schools.
The Teachers’ Leadership Development Program equips participants with the insights, skills and confidence to accelerate their own development as they strengthen their relationships and outcomes of their students, teams and wider school community. It is suitable for both aspiring and existing lead teachers.
“The program is focused on the effective execution of emergent school leadership,” explained Paul Mears, General Manager APAC, NESLI. “It is equally suitable for leaders intending to stay in the HALT tier as well as those moving towards higher leadership roles.”
Themes covered during the course include:
- Vision, Values and Understanding
- Building Reflective and Responsive Practice
- Enhancing School Relationships
- Navigating Conflict and Fostering Connection
- Committing to Leadership.
The learning intentions for the program include:
- Develop responses to managing self-regulation and wellbeing
- Understand the importance of student contribution and context in schools
- Develop capacity to address conflict in schools.
The program is delivered via a combination of interactive online sessions, self-directed learning, peer coaching and a workplace application project.
Applications are now being accepted to enrol in the first national cohort. More information: https://www.nesli.org/teachersleadership.html
More from NESLI: